- The cost of one bottle of water from a vending machine is equivalent to the cost of drinking 8 glasses of tap water every day for a year.
- A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.
- The Water Authority maintains almost 1500 miles of drinking water pipes. If you put them end-to-end, they would stretch from Roanoke to Colorado Springs, CO.
- At one drip per second, a faucet can leak 3,000 gallons of water per year.
- Water is the only substance naturally found on earth as a solid, liquid and gas.
- Over 713 gallons of water go into the production of one cotton T-shirt.
- The Authority’s Water Pollution Control Plant is regarded as one of the best bird-watching areas in the mid-Atlantic region.
- The Water Authority maintains over 6,000 fire hydrants in our service area. Fire hydrants are connected to the public drinking water distribution lines, so water from a fire hydrant is drinking water.
- There are over 23,000 manholes in our service area.
- Carvins Cove Natural Reserve is the second largest municipal park in the United States.
- The Authority’s Water Pollution Control Plant covers over 100 acres of land.
- More people in the world have a mobile phone than have a toilet.
- The Water Authority treats 19-million gallons of drinking water a day although we have the capacity to treat 56-million gallons per day.
- The Authority’s Water Pollution Control Plant treats almost 37-million gallons of wastewater a day from all across the Roanoke Valley.
- There are 51 drinking water storage tanks in our service area. They each hold between 500,000 – 2-million gallons of water.
- Most of the treated drinking water used in a home is for toilet flushing.
Please contact only those telephone numbers listed in published Bids.
There will be NO plan holder's list for a project with on-line plans.
If bid tabs are published, please allow at least one business day after bids/proposals are opened for the information to be available on the bottom of this page. Questions should be directed to the individual project manager.
The Authority's current operating and capital budget is available online.
Users can sign up for e-notifications for RFPs and Invitations to Bid. Please note that it is still the ultimate responsibility of the user to check the Western Virignia Water Authority's website for updates as e-alerts may not be issued for every web update.
INVITATION TO BID - Misc Parts and Fittings
- Department:Field Operations
- Category:Invitations to Bid
- RFP Number:WVWA-FOD-19-15
- Start Date:06/07/2019 4:30 PM
- Close Date:06/26/2019 3:15 PM
The Western Virginia Water Authority (WVWA or Authority), is requesting sealed bids for a contract to supply miscellaneous parts and fittings in assorted sizes to the FIELD OPERATIONS DIVISION. The attached scope of work and specifications are submitted for your review and proposal consideration.
Two (2) complete copies of the sealed bid will be received at and until 3:15 P.M. (local prevailing time) on June 26, 2019, in the office of the FIELD OPERATIONS DIVISION, 3322 Hollins Road, N.E., Roanoke, VA 24012. It is the responsibility of the responder to insure that their response is clocked in at the office of the FIELD OPERATIONS DIVISION by the above date and time. Any responses received after the above date and time will be returned to the offeror unopened. All responses must have the BID number and title clearly marked on the envelope. You must complete and sign the Contract and BID form. Since this is a formal invitation to bid, no faxed or emailed bids shall be accepted.
Published Bid Tabulations
September 27, 2019 - Bid Tab FY20 Pipe Lining
September 12, 2019 - Bid Tab Goat Rock Water Storage Tank Painting
September 5, 2019 - Bid Tab - Lakewood Forest & Weatherwood Interconnection
August 28, 2019 - Bid Tab - Sewer Inspection 2019
August 23, 2019 - Bid Tab - Substation Equipment
August 21, 2019 - Bid Tab - Hershberger Rd WM Repl Project